EVERYDAY GREEN JUICE
Morning! If you’re like me, breakfast is an afterthought in the morning; however, it truly is the most important meal of the day. Once I’ve skipped breakfast I find myself making poor food choices throughout the rest of the day, so a quick, healthy option works best for me. (I’ll also have a juice throughout the day if I’m feeling sluggish!)
While smoothies and Instagram-worthy acai bowls are all the rage, I much prefer a fresh, nutritious juice. Once I discovered green juice I got addicted to the local juicery(which was bad for the wallet), so my hubby, J, and I decided it was time to invest in a juicer.
To be fair, I haven't experimented with much other than green juice because I like the idea of getting in additional greens as well as super-antioxidants ginger and turmeric! J and I love the taste of ginger and the benefits of turmeric, so we add in large chunks (start slow with small amounts if you are unsure because they add a kick to the juice).
Here is my recipe, packed with all the greens and a jolt of energy!
Everyday Green Juice Recipe
- 1 cucumber
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 bunch of kale (4 - 6 stalks)
- 1 chunk of organic turmeric (approx. 1 inch)
- 1 chunk of organic ginger (approx. 1 inch)
- Recipe makes approx. 600 ml
- Wash all produce before you begin.
- Juice! We use this juicer here. It’s incredible - you don’t even need to worry about cutting up any of the produce.
- Now drink up! I prefer to chill my juice overnight in the fridge.
- Tip: Add in Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides for protein and vitamins with no extra taste.
Currently, we’re composting the left-over pulp. If you have a suggestion, please let me know! Leave your favourite juice recipe below and let me know if you make this one!